Saturday, March 14, 2009

Brad Reflects...

I've been doing the whole relationship thing for like three months now and I'm pretty cool with it. The honeymoon is over and now we've just fallen into pattern. We watch movies together, we read together in bed, we have and hour or so of foreplay/sex, and finally pass out. It's actually kind of nice. Or so I thought.

I guess you can't have your cock and eat it too. I haven't realized it, but some of my friends are starting to see me drift from them. They say I don't call or text as much and it very well may be so. I've even checked my phone as far as texts and calls and low and behold an inbox full of Superman texts and missed calls. At what point does this internal power shift from going out with your friends and staying in with the significant other? I see some of my friends that have dated for a long time and its true, you rarely see dating couples go out unless it's with other couples. It's like the grass is always greener and the ass most consistent, but once you pass the city limits of Couplesville you have to leave all your single friends behind. Is that right or even fair? Is it learned or subconscious?

So here I am with a moral dilemma(which is not an issue when the answer is generally what will profit most for me), do I give up time I could be spending with Superman reading to go out and get hung over? I guess this is hard for me as I've never met a formittable foe to my friends, but he's walking dangerously close. The idea of scheduling Superman versus Friends time makes me start to have convulsions, so I've decided to say fuck it. I'm going to do what the hell I feel like, and right now that is staying in with my boy. If you want me to come out I'd be happy to and you all have my number. Does this mean that he's more important? Not until we have a joint bank account and morgage, but that's the way we're headed. Glad we had that little chat.

Bradley James

No comments: