Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thank You Global Warming...

I'm sure most of you are wondering why I haven't blogged all week. This is partially due to the fact that it has been in the mid sixties or more this week, but mainly due to the fact I'm been with Superman for most of the week. This is good because I love hanging with this cat, but not so good as now I have so much to say and you only have so much attention to give. Am I right? So I've decided to break down my week into the Reader's Digest version.

I met SM's family out for his brother's last night in town before going back be with his lying skank of a wife (or so I'm told). They have me meet them out at a bar that was less than trendy shall we say. It looked like the Cheers bar if it were owned by the Clampetts. I'm talking deer heads on the wall and any kind of fried animal or vegetable you could imagine. The rest of the night was rather uneventful, but a good prelude to the next night when I met his father and stepmother.

His stepmother is hairdresser (need I say more), who I would describe as the hillbilly tanorexic version of Joan Rivers. His father who I've also met in passing only stumbles in the door half in the bag and stats telling stories of his childhood. Oh, and may I interject and say how I was referred to as SM's "friend," air quotes included, throughout the night. His father is that guy who's family has every senator, judge, and mayor in the tricounty area in their rolodex. So of course SM's father was that rich kid who was always getting fucked up at school and in trouble with the law. I heard one too many stories of watching his children after doing a few bong rips and a couple hits of LSD and we were out. Don't get me wrong, his dad is a cool guy to talk to but it's hard not to judge, eh?

After that we hit up some dinner and a very nice chat. We talked about all the things that went wrong before, how we've changed, and a few sore subjects for instance his ex boyfriend. I could not think worse of this guy and how he hurt SM every way you can. Not to mention the few times I've met the kid he was less than cordial so I may or may not have told him he should be doing my dry cleaning instead of being dry with me. Did I mention he is asian? Regardless there was no subject too messy for our discussion. It laid the track for the next few months of our relationship and as one who doesn't deal with surprises very well, I was pretty relieved.

On a completely separate note, I got to meet Mr. February. A restraining order could not have kept me from hugging that prepubescent kid and thanking him for all his charitable work. SM laughed while everyone else stood dumbfounded. I'm sure this kid is terrified of me, a feeling shared with Twinkie that will hopefully hold their sad "relationship" (again with the air quotes) together. YAY!!

Well I'm out for a few days, so Happy V Day to all my loyal readers and I will catch you later. Fin.

Bradley James

No comments: